Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sonny 27 posts 48 karma points
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 03:14
    Sonny

uCommerce Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\Product[XSLT].xslt

I am trying to install a shop inside a website but I am getting this error from the Ucommerce template in Umbraco.

Any ideas why this is happening??

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 08:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sonny

Is it only the above mentioned file that is giving an error? Or are there other XSLT files giving an error? Can you access the file from the developer section in the backoffice?

And is it a file you have created yourself or does it come out of the box?

What version of Umbraco are you running?

Please ellaborate a bit more on this so it's easier to help you out :)

/Jan

Nov 15, 2011 @ 20:59
    Sonny

Hi Jan,

Yes this is the only file that I am getting an error with.

Yes I can access the file in the backoffice

It is a version that has come out of the box, so I haven't touch it at all.

umbraco v 4.6.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4029.25836)

So I have a website that is built with Umbraco and we want to add a shop to the site for customers to buy products. So I am trying to use the template of the website which works fine but when I go to a product page this error comes up.

I tried a fresh install on a different PC this morning and the error was showing about 3 times..
    If possible can you explain what it means? 

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 15, 2011 @ 21:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sonny

How do you install Umbraco and uCommerce? Are you aware of setting the proper permissions for network service and iusr on the root folder containing Umbraco? This is usually the cause of much weird behaviour when the proper permissions have not been set (It should be set on the root folder and then inherit to files and folder in it all the way down).

You can also try to see if you get anything usefull in the stack trace by adding ?umbdebugshowtrace=1 when you're trying to view the site - this might give a usefull error explanation.

If the above suggestions don't work try to have a look at these guides on installing Umbraco: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/how-to-install-umbraco-on-windows-server-2008 and http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/ to make sure that there is no "flaws" in your installation at least.

Hope any of the above pointers help :)

/Jan

Nov 17, 2011 @ 04:25
    Sonny

Hi Jan,

I didn't install Umbraco as started new job and been handed this project. I installed uCommerce following the instructional video.

Not aware of setting the proper permissions for network service and iuser on the root folder containing Umbraco.

Are you talking about in the Content Section? If so uCommerce is set on the root folder and it inherits or files and folders all the way down.

We are creating a new VM to start a fresh copy of Umbraco and uCommerce. So will make sure that everything is done correctly.

Thanks again

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft